Get Your Sigma Brushes Here!!!

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

August 2012 Favorites

Hi guys! So I don't normally do monthly favorites videos because I don't always have different products that I'm currently loving for that particular month....if you get what I'm saying lol. I don't buy new stuff that often...so most of the stuff that I'm repurchasing are probably already mentioned in a previous 'favorites' video! But for the month of August...I've been really diggin these products..and I mean I REALLY LOVE THEM! Like Jackie-O from Lilpumpkinpie05 said..."what makes the difference between a person who genuinely loves a product in their favorites video and a person who's full of you know what...you open the product and it's still full!" Well that's not the case for me this month! LOL...well except for the nail strengthener...but I promise I really do LOVE IT! lol. I hope you guys enjoy! :-)


P.S....Get your Sigma Makeup brushes here:
Use the discount code SB2012 to get 10% off of your purchase! The code is valid from September 1st- September 30th. And get a free complimentary gift when you spend $30 or more!!!!!
 


I was a little nervous about purchasing some eyelashes from Hong Kong because a lot of the lashes that I've seen purchased by some YouTube gurus....I wasn't really feeling them! When you look down...they would look all shiny and the band of the strip was way too thick for my taste! When I'm wearing lashes for an everyday look...I like the invisible band with natural looking lashes! So when I happened to stumble upon these....I was like YES!!!!....and then when I saw the price...I was like HALLELUJAH!!! LOL I don't think I could find 10 pairs of natural lashes for $2.80...with FREE SHIPPING...FROM HONG KONG!!! WINNING!!!! So I brought 4 boxes...total of 40 pairs of lashes. The shipping wasn't too bad considering where it was coming from...I believe it took about 2 weeks to get them. And when I say I LOVE THESE...I LOVE THESE!!! LOL they are the perfect lashes for me! Not too long where it's so obvious that I'm wear false lashes...but not too short where you can't even see them...just the right length! Here's the vendor from Amazon that I purchased them from: Buyincoins. Here's the link to where you can purchase them:


 I must say....I was one of those skeptics when it came to products advertised on infomercials. But this has honestly worked on improving my acne..especially around my forehead area. This has been my holy grail for the past couple of months! Although it's not completely gone (which I would rather it be)....it's a lot more manageable! There are some videos I even filmed and couldn't upload onto my YouTube channel because of the acne on my forehead. I'd get a couple pimples here and there on other areas of my face...but it was predominantly on my forehead...and I couldn't stand it! But now it's just a couple here and there...and I'm fine with that...for now. I can't say that my search for acne removal is over...because I want them gone completely and a product that's going to prevent them from coming!!! I use the cleanser and repairing treatment twice a day (morning and night) and use the toner only at night.


I have...or should I say had...very very dark under eye circles. Although I want to get rid of them completely....I don't think I can because it's hereditary. My mother has them...my cousins..uncles..aunts...there's no escaping it! But what I can do is lighten it to where I'm comfortable with stepping out of the house without any makeup on. And this product has allowed me to do so! I used to use Ambi...which I think worked a little bit...but not as well as this! I started to notice a difference about a week or two after using it. I use this twice a day (morning and night)

I've been using this product for years....and I think I even mentioned it in a previous favorites video before....that just goes to show how much I LOVE this lotion! I've tried other moisturizers...and nothing seems to do the job like this! I mix it with the Proactive Repairing treatment since that tends to dry my face out. I use this twice a day (morning and night). And I also love that it's unscented because I don't like using scented products on my face...tends to irritate my face more than actually moisturizing it!


I use this scrub only when I wear a full face of makeup...just as another step to ensure that I am removing all the makeup from my face. But I love the smell of the apricot and the feeling of giving myself something sort of like a mini facial...not that I would know what it feels like getting a facial cause I've never had one LOL...but you get where I'm going with this! And what's even better was that I got this on sale...2 for $5.50...WINNING!!!! LOL but this is something that I'm always replenishing in my bathroom cabinet!



This is one of the BEST concealers I have EVER owned!!! I've tried the different ones that MAC has to offer...they were either too drying or too wet...causing both of them to crease like crazy...even with a primer/base and after being set with powder. But this one right here...PERFECTION at its best! LOL ok maybe I'm being a little bit extra here...but that's really how I feel about this! The consistency is perfect for me...I can easily blend it out with my fingers...it literally lasts all day,..AND I DON'T have to set it with any kind of powders or wear a primer/base under it because it doesn't move...it stays put. Out of all of my favorites...this is probably THE MOST FAVORITE product of them up. Kudos to MAC! 


I''ve been getting a lot of use out of this lipstick...Wet N Wild 'Within These Adobe Walls' #372S. It's a very pretty nude/pink color and it's also very pigmented. You can get away with just one swipe or build it up with many swipes. I tend to wear this when I'm going to work and want to jazz up my face just a little bit with maybe 2 swipes and I'm good to go! Yup...no liner too!! 


My nails never seemed to maintain any kind of strength. I didn't have a problem with them growing...it's just they kept breaking...and I like my nails to be a certain length...and I didn't want to put on any acrylic. So I went on Instagram (@ashlyn_mua) and asked some of my followers to suggest a great nail treatment and my cousins recommended this! There are some websites that do sell them such as Ebay and Amazon....I'm not sure of any stores selling them though. I got mine from a local nail salon for $10...and I can honestly say that it was $10 well spent! I use it as a base and top coat...and I go over my nail polish with it a couple times a week. WIthin a week or so...I noticed that my nails were significantly stronger. I think I noticed it so quickly due to the fact that I work in healthcare...so I'm constantly washing my hands or using the alcohol based hand sanitizers....which we all know are very drying to our hands and nails. Now my nails are at a good length and they're strong! They're not breaking unless I cut/file them down! Once again....WINNING!!! :-)

I hope you guys enjoyed some of the products I've been loving this month! Let me know if there's anything above that you are trying or have tried! I'd love to hear your thoughts/opinions of them! 

Remember...Stay Beautiful...Inside & Out!!!

XoXo,
Ashlyn

No comments:

Post a Comment